Changing The World...One Trail At A Time

CTA Meeting Notes: Feb 20, 2018

New member Jeff Browning: Conservation Alliance (grants), Patagonia, Central Oregon Trail Alliance, etc. Wants to develop official trail on the Pyramids. 
New member John Randall: Previous board member of AZ trail association, lots of volunteer work & experience. 
Trail Adoptions/Ian:  Trail kickoff party tentatively scheduled for 3/21/18. Trail ride to signup party area. More communication needed amongst adopter group. Run potential work past Forest Service; then report work accomplished. Need adopter website page; Zach will provide FS list. Need to invite trail runners to meeting and trail adoptions. Need calendar on website.  Need to list on LDS service website. 
Zach:  Spring Hollow Reroute: 1st 2 weeks of June; Bunchgrass July
Richins:  $20 annual membership: Needs to be value add: local discounts/T-shirt’s, etc. 501c3 tax deductibility. 
Tools:  Need trailer and tool steward. Corporate donor facilitation perhaps?  
Also need to release budget/financials at some point

To Do Items:

Ian to do:
  • Calendar event for 3/21 
  • North Logan City request
  • Times
  • Contract previous adopters
Zach to do:
  • Get list of trails to CTA
  • Calendar USFS work days on specific trails
  • Spring Hollow
  • Jardine upper reroute
  • Bunch
Erik to do:
  • Introduce Ron Stagg to Ian for trail adoption (Bear 100)
  • Introduce Scott Anderson to CTA (scouts)
Jeff to do:
  • See if Amanda Basham wants to participate
  • Mike McKnight - Ultra footwear
Paul G to do:
  • Just serve
  • Look into renting a chipper from Logan City for a chipper day on the River Trail
Brent to do:
  • Website stuff / donate button
  • Tie google calendar to website
Paul R to do:
  • refine the membership thinking and execute
Paul/Paul/Brent to do (longer term)
  • corporate sponsorships
  • get 2019 projects on the docket for April meeting (Green)
  • get 2020 mill hollow on the docket

CTA-Sponsored BJORR Trailbuilding

Come join CTA every 2nd & 4th Wednesdays at 5-8pm to help build the new BJORR Trail at Beaver Mountain!

Please wear close toed shoes, bring your own gloves and water bottles, and any snacks you might enjoy between moments of playing in the alpine dirt.
Please meet on the far east side of the lower Beaver Mountain parking lot, and contact Cache Trails Planner Dayton Crites (415-734-7243) or CTA Liaison Brent Thomas (435-757-1001) if you have any questions.

CTA Meeting Notes: May 17, 2017

Adopt A Trail
-Need to coordinate with USFS first (Zach Maughan) to build communication & trust
-Track the hours
-Before & After pics are huge (put something in for scale)
-Expand work party by communicating with Dayton as well (he will send out email blast)

Signage (Paul R)
-Need to develop a sign plan—both sign design and location
-USFS is applying for a signage grant (takes 2 years)
-Dayton has signs already for CC
-USFS already has sign plan for AAT

DR Trimmer Notes
-DR trimmer is approved
-Need to post trail days and/or wear ‘volunteer vests’ to avoid trail conflict

Calendar Items
-Training dates (Zach): Location: Spring Hollow, Group Site 2
-Jun 3rd 9am-2pm. Natl Trails Day. Basic corridor mgmt.
-Jun 13th 5:30-8pm. Drainage (water mgmt), Grade reversal
-July 11th 5:30-8pm. Tread triage, Bench cut, Backsloping, etc.
-Aug 8th 5:30-8pm. Switchbacks: Rock work, Armoring
-Sep 12th 5:30-8pm.
-CTA Trail Days (monthly?) at Bjorr Trail
-National Public Lands Day: September 30

Bridger Bike Park (Dayton)
-CTA fundraising committee proposed: Dayton, Sandra, Tim
-RFP completed

-Feel The Pain On Old Main 5k
-Al’s Midnight Madness CTA booth
-Need to look at CTA sponsors for events (ex. Weber Trailfest sponsored by Bank of UT)

Website/Branding (Brent & Sandra)
-Add a calendar
-Upcoming agendas
-More pics needed (esp. horses/hikers)
-Trail Damage Reporting
-Link to FB page
-Logo designs presented by Sandra—input requested…more to follow

Grants (Camille)
-IMBA chapter benefits/costs
-Need to identify which grants that we want to pursue
-Need to generate timetable for comprehensive sign plan within 3-5 months
-Assign CTA Grant Subcommittee?

Awareness (Aaron
-FB page will be a great tool (notices, pics & videos, events, etc.)
-Get involved and provide feedback

Next Meeting
-Wednesday June 21st 6pm

Cache Trails Alliance Meeting Agenda: May 16, 2017

--Adopt-a-Trail Follow-up; See attached USFS memo from Lisa about June 3.
--Everyone contacted?
--Questions/comments from Adopters.
--Signage needed - Paul R
--Dr Trimmer okay to trim grass?
--Chainsaw training - Tim
--Other Zach stuff

--Sheriff's Office response to shooting in Prov.

--Key events and opportunities for the season (USFS trail work days, Beaver mountain trail work days, National public lands day, etc.) - Zach / Camille
--Proposed training dates from Zach:
June 3rd- 9am-2pm
June 13th- 5:30—8pm
July 11th 5:30-8pm
August 8th 5:30-8pm
September 12th 5:30-8pm

Bridger Bike Park - Dayton
--Official MTB / CX race
--Official Trail Race (Michael Rowell) Suggested Dates, Locations
--Al's Midnight Madness sales
--Ride + Movie night

--Grant opportunities for the next year - Camille (see attachment)
--IMBA membership - Camille
--Growing our participation - Aaron
--Branding, Logo, and Website review - Sandra / Brent
--Next Meeting (Wed. Jun 21)